Our Client, an education institution that provides high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha seeks to fill the position of Head of Department for Community Relations who will:-
• Coordinate all the activities of the Community Relations team to ensure the set targets are met on time and as planned.
Reporting to: – Community Relations Manager
Job Location: – Arusha, Tanzania
Working Relationships: – Academic, Non-Academic and Business Team.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Student Selection: Responsible for the logistics and means-testing of student selection at all levels: Std 1, Std 2, F1 and F5, throughout the year.
• Close working relationship with the Academic Teams who oversees the academic selection component of student selection.
• Student Health and Welfare: Oversees the medical and welfare needs of students in consultation with the welfare deputies, boarding staff, and parents at each campus.
• The team is responsible for organizing all recruitment and logistics for yearly medical checks conducted in February/March and to follow up on any recommendations made by the visiting medical team.
• The team is responsible for compiling and maintaining accurate records for all medical cases through the RedCap database and the paper files of the students.
• Oversees the nurse on Moshono Campus and work closely with the nurse at Smith Campus.
• Visit to students’ home when a change of situation is declared or discovered, as well as visit to all F6 graduating class in order to give this information to the Beyond St Jude’s team.
• Visitor Liaison: Working closely with the Visitor team to organize appropriate home visits to students’ home for visitors and visiting sponsors.
• Overseeing the Officer-Rotary Specialist regarding all Rotary activities in the school such as Early Act and Interact clubs, attendance to DCA to enhance the presence of the school to the Rotary world.
• Parent’s liaison: working closely with the parent’s representatives regarding any issues that may arise on the health, welfare and selection of students.
• Manage team action plan and complete monthly KPI report for the Community Relations Manager
• Design and maintain systems to ensure the smooth running of the team (such as systems to capture health and welfare details, filing of emails and documents on the
• Drive & recording details in databases and outlook calendar)
• Develop new procedures where needed.
• Maintaining the standard words documents and standard forms
• Maintain the team procedure manual
• Staff management including training in systems and procedures and performance management
• Manage the development of new initiatives
• Maintain the team’s IT needs
• Schedule meetings as needed on systems
• Periodically suggest improvements to the departments’ procedures and submit to supervisor for approval.
• Participate and support fellow staff in school mission-related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
• Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the School leader or the Employer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY ATTRIBUTES
• Bachelor/Masters of Community Development.
• Advanced computer skills with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook.
• An energetic and friendly attitude with the ability to be flexible, patient, personable and easy going.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) in both English and Swahili.
• Strong time management skills with previous experience managing a small team an advantage.
• An understanding that the position does not involve much interaction with children
• Working with Children clearance or similar
• A minimum one year voluntary commitment is a requirement for international employees.
Other Relevant Information
• Travel between campuses may be required.
• All members of the Community Relations team are required to work on Saturdays during student selection, Health Checks and other parent’s related events.
• ZERO TOLERANCE OF CHILD ABUSE CULTURE
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications mentioned above are encouraged to apply by sending an updated CV to email@example.com clearly indicating the job position in the SUBJECT line not later than JUNE 10, 2019